Hi Guys and a Happy New Year. Now I know that the start of a new year is full of promises and resolutions but I’m not going dairy free as a resolution but as a necessity… my baby stinks! Not just a little bit either, I’m talking about clear the room, atomic bomb stinky. She’s exclusively breastfed and apparently shouldn’t smell this bad. The suspected culprit? Dairy.
I should explain, her older brother has a severe dairy allergy, coming out in hives on contact and she is no where near as bad but the signs are there. He also could clear a room in one foul flatulent explosion swoop whilst exclusively BF until I gave up dairy. Then, the magic happened. I gave up dairy and within 2 weeks he stopped smelling and started sleeping better.
So fingers crossed and wish me luck!
Recipe of the week
Spaghetti bolognese for busy people. (Dairy Free obviously)
Prep 5 mins
Cook all day in an Aga/slow cooker or 90 mins conventional
- One onion
- One chicken stock pot
- One tub of tomato purée (I use these little 70g tubs by Cirio)
- One pack of beef mince
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Pasta of any shape
- Green side salad to serve
- Finely dice the onion
- Put everything else into the pot/slow cooker
- Add 250ml water and stir well
- Put in Aga simmering oven or slow cooker until teatime
- If you’re in a rush, put it in the Aga roasting oven for 90 mins or conventional oven @ 180C
- Serve with pasta of your choice
Listen: Kelis – Milkshake